Weekly Obsession: Geek Girl




This week's obsession is all about Geek Girl by Holly Smale.
My entire timeline exploded when Geek Girl came out last week and even though I spend most of my days at work this week, Geek Girl was everywhere. I couldn't escape it.
There's no doubt about it, Geek Girl is this week's obsession!





“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek.”

A brand new World Book Day story from the no. 1 bestselling and award-winning GEEK GIRL series!

Harriet Manners knows that the hottest observed place on earth is Furnace Creek in Death Valley.

She knows that dolphins shed the top layer of their skin every two hours.

And she knows just how badly auditions can go, especially when you’re a model.

But she has no idea how to get herself out of the extreme embarrassment of the school play or what to do when arch-nemesis Alexa decides it’s the perfect opportunity to humiliate her…

Can GEEK GIRL survive the bright lights of the stage?


What about me?
Let me be honest here, I only recently came across the Geek Girl series.
I hadn't heard of them before and I am going to blame living in Belgium for that

I saw them lying in Waterstones when I was in London a few weeks back and loved the cover.
I had picked it up and read the blurb but as I did so my other arm that was holding 7 other books screamed in agony. I had to put Geek Girl down (you know it's a sad day when your body can't handle the amount of books you want anymore).

I don't currently own the book but as it turns out it's only £1 on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/n3hv2td) and that makes it very tempting to break my current 'book-buying ban'.

Geek Girl has also been one of the books featured for World Book Day (World Book Day is on the 5th of March): http://worldbookday.com/book/geek-girl-geek-drama/)

You can also get it on The Book Depository

Comments