Book Review & Recommendation: The Day We Disappeared

5+++++++ stars (I loved it!!!) for The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson.

- Amazon
- The Book Depository
- Goodreads

Annie has a secret. But if she's not going to tell, we won't either. It's a heart-breaking secret she wishes she didn't have - yet Annie isn't broken, not quite yet. Especially now there's someone out there who seems determined to fix her.
 
Kate has run away. But she's not going to tell us why - that would defeat the point of running, wouldn't it? It's proving difficult to reinvent herself, however, with one person always on her mind. 
Scratch beneath the surface and nobody is really who they seem. Even Annie and Kate, two old friends, aren't entirely sure who they are any more. Perhaps you can work it out, before their pasts catch up with them for good . . .

A gripping and unpredictable story of two young women running from their pasts. We defy you to guess the twist . . .

Source: Goodreads

You may have noticed that whenever I read a brilliant book, I tend to be lost for words in describing how amazing I think it is. The Day We Disappeared is no exception but, as usual, I shall do my very best. So this is not only a review but a recommendation to you. READ IT, READ IT, READ IT!

Let me start with saying: WOW!
I wanted to give this book 5 stars way before I was halfway, again when I was halfway and again when I reached 2/3 of the book. This is brilliant!! I've only put it down a minute but am already suffering massive book hangover!
I was pulled in almost instantly. This book is filled with characters that I loved from the start. Lucy Robinson created Annie and Kate, who are our main characters and both have their secrets. And oh did I love Annie and Kate, the fact they both love Asia was a nice plus. I related to different aspects of both of them almost immediately and I think that's another big reason why I am such a fan of this book. That was until the inevitable happened and Lucy Robinson punched me in the face with her literature.

She had created this picture perfect story where happiness walked hand in hand with my personal curiosity to constantly find out more about what was going to happen next. I felt blissfully and filled with that pleasant kind of tension and I always regretted having to put down the book for minor things (like, you know, work and stuff).

But then, right when you feel like you are perfectly nestled into the story, and I was feeling ready to move in with these lovely girls and re-create Charlie's Angels, Robinson pulls the lever and BAM I found myself staring at the page. I reacted in a way only my usual sensible self would...by staring gobsmacked at the page for 10 minutes, pulling at my own hair, sighing loudly in despair, muttering 'no way, oh my god, what, etc etc', spamming every single friend (whether they'd read it or not) with capslocked messages and wanting to throw the book across the room; because that was the only appropriate outlet for what had just happened.

See, Usually I am the kind of person who figures out a plot twist quite easily. When I watch a tv serie, I quite easily know who would have done the murder or who was secretly also in the plot, what will happen in the end and so on. Partially because I'm the annoying kind of person that is constantly trying to unravel the plot and look for clues throughout the entire thing. Both on television and in books. So when everyone was screaming about how this book has an amazing twist and you won't see it coming until it's revealed, I noticed my own brain thinking of every possibility. Yet, never would I have considered the one that was presented to me on a silver platter so, naturally, I went completely nuts.

Gaaaaaaaah, this book is such a page turner and it has an incredible twist! it's made me once again speechless and now I am suffering with a major book hangover!
If I was only allowed to tell you one thing then I'd tell you to FRIKKING READ IT!!!

The Day We Disappeared deserves every single bit of praise and even more than that!





Comments