Book Review & Recommendation: The Piano Man Project

5+ stars (it was amazing) for The Piano Man Project by Kat French


- Amazon UK paperback | e-book
- Amazon US paperback | e-book
- The Book Depository
- Goodreads

Publication date: July 30th
Finding love isn’t always black and white… 
You: kind, piano-playing sex godMe: hopelessly romantic charity shop manager 
Honeysuckle Jones has a problem, and her best friends Nell and Tash are on a mission to help her solve it. She needs a man – a caring, intelligent, funny man. But most importantly, a man who’s good with his hands… 
Luckily Honey’s new neighbour – moody, antisocial ex-chef Hal – fails on almost every count. Even though the chemistry between them is electric, he’s obviously wrong for her in every way. 
But when Honey discovers the devastating reason for his moods she decides to give him another chance. And discovers that the best songs aren’t always in tune… 
Source: Goodreads


I was kindly given a copy through netgalley for an honest review. With many thanks to the publisher.


What a page-turner! I am absolutely in love with this book and didn't want to put it down.
It was love at first read with this book! That opening line immediately grabbed my attention and it only got better from there.

It pained me whenever I had to put the book down and my fingers itched to get back to it with every quiet moment. Even if that 'quiet moment' was a silence of 10 seconds during lunch with my friends. I'm almost ashamed to admit that on the smallest of occasion, I abandoned all rules of politeness and reason and simply tried to sneak in a bit of reading. I just couldn't put it down!


Honeysuckle Jones is working in the local charity shop that's attached to the elderly home in her town. She lives an easy no-nonsense life with friends and co-workers she loves. But then her friends find out that Honey has a little problem and all of a sudden she finds herself turning into their little project. The mission? Make Honey orgasm! Honey's two friends can only think about one type of man perfect for this mission: a pianist. A man who is good with his hands and fingers.

But Honey is the least excited about her friends making her their newest project.
(sorry! it was stronger than myself)
And why should she, when she finds herself completely enchanted by her newest neighbour?

Hal used to be a famous top-chef, a family man, a great lover and adrenaline junkie.
Now, Hal is grouchy, sarcastic and rude. He drinks and curses like a sailor and mainly locks himself inside.

Hal is also Honey's newest neighbour.

Honey and Hal's first meeting isn't exactly one great love songs are written about but soon enough Honey finds herself completely pulled towards her neighbour who is an ass 90% of the time and nice only 10%. Yet he's 100% able to make her knees melt and arouse something inside of her that she has never encountered before.

While Hal struggles with figuring out a life after his accident which has caused him to be blind and run from his previous life, he finds that it takes only one determined person to make a change. The strawberry scented girl from across the hall is annoyingly naive and chirpy but stubborn nonetheless. How do you push someone away who seems to be exactly what you need?


As I said earlier, I was absolutely in love with this book and the only thing I dislike about it is the fact that I didn't write it myself! Kat French is a very clever writer with great wit, a great amount of passion and a perfect ability to time when she should give what sort of information. I think I am jealous!
She perfectly managed to make every character stand on its own whether it was a main or a minor character. But most of all (which I envy her for a lot) she managed to sew in little bits of information that added to these characters at the perfect spot instead.

She created a novel in which sexy and funny, wit and drama, and main story and side story were perfectly combined together, resulting in a very clever novel in which everything is in perfect balance. I especially loved how Kitty French (Kat French's naughty alter-ego and author of erotic fiction) added some of the spice to the encounter between these two remarkable characters. Hot and steamy and only making you fall in love with Hal more.

I have a weakness for fictional man who are a little dark and hard on the outside but all sweet and soft on the inside; like a lava cake. Both are impossible not to fall in love with and Hal is exactly that! I found myself totally swooning over him and had to remind myself several times that he was fictional, sadly enough.

Me Before You is one of my all-time favourite books and I got a little bit of that vibe from The Piano Man Project. It made it, for me, even more perfect as I love the sort of chemistry that these books portray. The broody, heated, I love you but I hate you sort.

I seriously recommend this book to anyone because I am so in love with it!

The only thing this book is guilty of is pulling me away from social engagements just so I could finish it.



Comments