Weekly Obsession: Netgalley


I have been so bad with Weekly Obsessions lately (having had a change in work schedule and some more social engagements) so let's do a very late weekly obsession and celebrate last week's obsession today!

Not a book this time but a beautiful network for book bloggers and other professional book lovers, I'm sure most are familiar with it: Netgalley.




Taken from their 'About' page:

NetGalley is an innovative and easy-to-use online service and connection point for book publishers, reviewers, media, librarians, booksellers, bloggers and educators. 
NetGalley delivers digital galleys, often called advance reading copies, or ARCs, to professional readers and helps promote new and upcoming titles. Professional readers--reviewers, media, journalists, bloggers, librarians, booksellers and educators--can join and use NetGalley at no cost.

It's our pleasure and privilege to help publishers in the Australia, Canada, the UK and US launch new titles to an ever-growing community of professional readers. 


Find more information on: 
https://www.netgalley.com


What about me?
I have only recently joined Netgalley and it's the best and worst decision because it allows me to find and read books I might not usually opt for immediately and either be pleasantly surprised or slightly disappointed.
It's a never ending database of beautifully sculpted books which you can request to read.
After that two things can happen:
- Your request is denied which means you will not be allowed to read the ARC (advanced reading copy)
- Your request is accepted
when your request is accepted you are allowed to read the book in return for an honest review.

However, no one told me about the dangers of this massive data base as any book is just a mouse click away.
I found myself requesting over 20 books in one go and realising that maybe I had overestimated my own reading abilities.
Almost fortunately a big amount of my requests were denied so I was only left with a handful of requests pending or accepted.

Netgalley is an amazing platform and I fully support and love it! I'm so proud to be a member of this beautiful community!

Last but not least, Netgalley is starting to broaden its audience and going internationally. Aiming towards a french reading audience: https://www.netgalley.fr/

Comments