Reader Problems Tag

I saw Simona do the Reader Prolems Tag (original source) and felt like doing it myself. So here we are. Today I'll be running around at the Antwerp Bookfair so it seems very fitting to do this book tag today ^^

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I would probably make a TBR jar. Though deep down, I know there are certain books I'd always prefer to read over others, so I would pick out those first and then move on to the ones I lost a bit of excitement over.
Or I could totally switch it up and actually pick the books at the bottom of my TBR pile as they are the ones I've had the longest.

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I commit. I know people say that you shouldn't waste your time with books that aren't for you, but I always feel like I should give it a go and always hope that it might turn around and all of a sudden amaze me. Luckily enough I haven't been in this situation all too much yet, but on a few occasions I was very disappointed and was relieved to have it over with.

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Too bad. I probably wouldn't be able to catch up then. I'm always in competition with myself, so when I set a Goodreads challenge, I want to reach it, resulting in me usually being ahead rather than behind.
Not that I'd mind not reaching it, I'd just set the same goal for the next year and give it another go.
(In general my GR challenge is a number either higher than the previous year, or the amount of books I'd like to lessen my TBR pile with. I always tend to exceed that goal and edit my challenge several times a year as I keep challenging myself)

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I'll cope, it wouldn't be easy but I'd cope. I'd moan every time I'd see it, or every time I'd talk to someone about it, but I'd cope. (I think we've established that I wouldn't cope)

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
My friend Jenny and I usually are on the same page with a lot of books. And even then she's always willing to listen to me moan about it, even if she does like it.

6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
It also depends on whether it's one glistening tear on the cheek or a full blown blubbering mess. But I'd probably stop reading until I'm in the safety of my room.

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
I usually don't. If an author is good at what he does then they should always manage to give information about the previous book in the sequel. It doesn't have to be detailed but it should be clear enough so that people can still follow. After all, there's always the odd chance that a new reader reads the sequel first and then the reader still has to be able to follow. It's what makes a good author a brilliant one.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Only I do want people to borrow mine (people I trust!). Books are there to be read. They might look pretty on the shelf but they are made to be read. I live to share my books with my friends. I'll gladly recommend something for them (cough: force them) to read something I have absolutely adored reading. I do keep a list of who has borrowed which books because I NEED them back asap!

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I pick a book from my favourite author or one I've been looking forward to read for a while (before my reading slump) and sit myself down to take some time to read it.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
ALL OF THEM!
Well, it depends on my budget, but chances are that I've already pre-ordered them.



Comments