The One Where I Hope for a Rejection.

It's been a while since I talked about that little book I've been writing.
The last time I made a blog post about this baby of mine I still had a long way of editing to go.
I was lucky enough to find my own fairy godmother and she offered to read through the document and give me some honest feedback and pointers. With that help I managed to make a few more critical changes and finally felt like all the puzzle pieces had fallen in its place.

So for the first time I felt like I could dare taking the step towards putting my file up for submission.
Only the timing wasn't all that perfect. Right after I finished editing, I started an internship for university and had some crazy busy work hours. I was forced to put everything on hold in order to make sure I would pass. This internship was one out of two (the second one is starting the coming week), so I'm still on a blogging low until January.
Anyway, I found some time to eventually ready my document for submission and braved that scary first step.
For someone who has been writing within the safe environment of her own room and has barely shared her stories for the past 2 years, this was a rather scary step. I used to share my stories with others but it has become more and more a thing for myself. Making that submission was nerve-wracking, it took me almost all day because I was freaking out over every little step I had to go through.

But then I finally pressed that submit button and let it sink in.

They said it would take between 3-5 weeks before I would get a reply, so that's when the real misery began. I was constantly refreshing my inbox in that first week (even tough I knew it would be at least 3 weeks) and then I started refreshing even more once I reached that 3 week mark.
It was a good thing that I had my internship so I had something to keep me busy because as the weeks passed I still hadn't gotten a reply and with every passing day, or every passing week, I started to become more desperate.
The week 5 mark passed and I still hadn't heard anything. It's been 7 weeks now and still nothing. I have reached that point now where I would be okay if they had rejected my story. But if that's the case then I would like them to let me know in some automatic generated e-mail explaining me that they rejected it.
That way I can finally stop secretly hoping and wondering if maybe something went wrong with the submission.
So, I look to you publishing world and ask to please send me a rejection mail if you are not interested!

Unless, obviously, you did like it. Then please jump in my arms and declare your undying love for my novel.


Comments